The Covid-19 pandemic has upended most aspects of everyday lives, from the way we work to our children’s summer vacations. The good news is that Music & Arts is proud to resume safe in-person instruction for most instruments at a store near you. As much as we love music, we value health and safety even more and value the trust of our parents, students, and staff.
The in-store lesson experience
To ensure the health and safety of our students and staff, we’re adhering to a strict set of guidelines that follow CDC standards. Ready to return to music lessons? Here is what you can expect
Music & Arts is committed to delivering phenomenal and personalized music instruction. While maintaining our standard for excellent music education experiences, we’ve launched a detailed checklist of safety protocols that meet the CDC’s standards and are followed at each of our locations nationwide.
- We are proud to resume in-store lessons for all instruments (including voice) with the use of store-provided PPE (performance protective equipment).
- Should you not wish to participate in in-store lessons, we continue to offer online, private music lessons with expert background-checked instructors using secure video technology.
- We now require regular temperature and health screenings for all students and staff. Questions asked during health screening cover Covid-19’s most common symptoms, including loss of taste and smell, cough, and sore throat. Any student exhibiting these symptoms will be asked to leave the store and resume lessons when their symptoms have subsided.
- Students, staff, and parents are required to wear masks in our stores at all times
- We’re providing hand-sanitizer to students and teachers, which is required to be used before entering and exiting lesson studios and between lessons.
- All lessons are spaced 15 minutes apart for deep cleanings between lessons
- Teachers and students are required to keep 6 feet apart at all times
- Students and instructors will now bring their own instruments, papers, and equipment. Teachers and students won’t come into contact with each other’s instruments or equipment
Social Distancing with Student Pass
Arriving at your local store, ready for your lesson? We’ve implemented a digital Student Pass system to let us know you’ve arrived. In order to meet social distancing guidelines, Student Pass allows Music & Arts to closely monitor the number of students, parents, and staff entering the store. Arranged through email, Student Pass alerts Music & Arts’ staff members that a student has arrived outside and is ready for health screenings and temperature checks. Depending on store capacity, parents may not be permitted to wait inside while their child has their lesson. In this instance, some instructors offer secure remote viewing through smartphones and laptops via the Student Pass platform. Speak with your instructor for details.
Music Lessons with Music & Arts
From frequent deep cleanings to health screenings and strict protocols, we’re committed to bringing music education to students during this challenging time. Music & Arts is the #1 provider of music lessons nationwide with over 2 million lessons taught each year. We’re avid believers in the profound impact music can make in a person’s life, especially during times of uncertainty. That’s why we’re making every effort to continue music lessons in a safe and healthy way. To learn more about online and in-person music lessons at Music & Arts, visit our website today!